Tomato Canning 2012

I talked about it, and talked about it, and finally got around to it last night. My first attempt at canning tomatoes. It took forever it seemed, but I still enjoyed it and will do again. The most time consuming part was the blanch and peel part. The plums also seemed to require more time to loosen the skin.

At first I didn’t know how many jars I would get, so started out preparing 12 jars, in the end only needed nine. Since I didn’t have enough of any one kind of tomato, I mixed them up. Some of them are just plum and some are a mixture of what we had. The tomatoes used are Roma (plum), Rutgers (red), and Brandywine (blush and irregular).

Click any picture thumbnail below to zoom, and you can then use your left and right arrow keys to move through all the photos.

This entry was posted in Canning, Garden. Bookmark the permalink.